Monday, September 21, 2009

Blue Jacket

I took the day off to visit some sights near Dayton, Ohio. The purpose of the trip was to see the now defunct site of the Blue Jacket Drama, but also included a visit to Yellow Springs and Young’s Dairy.


Blouse, Okinawa, Japan. Vest, Urban Vibe. Skirt, London Jean. (Wet) boots, Diba. Tassel necklace, Hancock Fabrics. Zipper cuff, Urban Outfitters.

Um, yeah, no one told me I’d be climbing fences and tromping around in the woods wearing a miniskirt and kitten heels. I was thankful these boots are faux suede because they got pretty wet.


My latest and greatest idea: wearing decorator tassels as jewelry.

The show has only been closed for two years, but the site is already becoming overgrown. From what I’ve heard, the spectacle was a well-loved tradition that is missed by locals and visitors alike.

Blue Jacket:


Yellow Springs and Young's Dairy:

11 comments:

eplang said...

Oh wow! I used to live in Dayton, Beavercreek actually, and your photos totally brought me back! I don't think I ever looked that cute when I visited Young's Dairy, however.

Lorena said...

Your tassels haunt me... in a good way!
I went by the store on Saturday but everything was closed due to Jewish new year... I will go back this weekend... I have to tassel myself.

Lisa said...

I love the boots and jacket combo. You look very appropriate for fall.

love home|life|style said...

fab mini... I love how you've made it work for an autumn look.

Sheila said...

I love the idea of the tassels worn like that! I have a 6' rope with tassels on it (it's some sort of fancy designer rope, multi-coloured), that I have often thought of wearing as a belt.

foxy said...

I just stumbled across your site and WOW! I've perused, like TWO YEARS WORTH or something. Your fearless use of color combination inspires me. I'm gonna follow and see if i can learn something... :)

jafabrit said...

You look like you belong in Yellow Springs, very cool outfit.

Anonymous said...

Eplang, I'm another Beavercreekian! I grew up going to Yellowsprings and Young's Dairy CONSTANTLY. I always got the banana ice cream at Youngs, cheese pizza at Ha Ha Pizza, and we walked the trails in Glen Helen. This post made me so nostalgic for home. Sigh!

Stephanie said...

I am envious that you visited Young's Dairy Farm. I went to college in Dayton and we visited Young's frequently. BEST ICE CREAM, EVER!

Heather said...

I am a big fan of the drapey sleeves with a vest. But then, I'm a fan of the drapey sleeves no matter what they're paired with. Too many trips to the Ren Faire, I fear!

J said...

I think it's sad that Young's has to sell most of their milk now. When I was a kid, you could get fresh milk right from the cow.