Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wet Ride

You might think an amusement park would be no fun in the rain. You’d be right. It’s downright miserable, but I had free tickets and swag to grab.


Umbrella (I swear it’s navy, not purple) and galoshes, TJ Maxx. Sweater, Forever 21. Tee, Merona. Peacock necklace, Wet Seal. Ruffle-butt skirt, Chaus Sport (thrifted). Blue-tinted glasses, Nine West.

I grew up in Washington state – the land of evergreens and clouds. It didn’t rain every day, but it was often overcast and the diffused sunlight bouncing off the cloud ceiling could be blinding. I called these my “cloudy day sunglasses,” because they cut the glare and made it possible to drive without squinting.


Days like this sometimes make me melancholy for Washington. And then a wet butt from riding Adventure Express in the drizzle makes me glad southwest Ohio is so often dry.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so agree. Wet amusement parks are sad amusement parks.

Just adore that necklace!

gina said...

Cute skirt and boots.

Nana Erin said...

Love everything about this look, kid. That skirt is one of my top ten "Items I would consider kicking someone in the shin over".

Sheila said...

Great necklace! What swag did you get?

Ah, drizzle season...it will surely be upon us any day now. Thanks for the reminder.

Kasmira said...

Work With What You've Got - I'll be sure NOT to bring this trip when I finally visit Dallas. I don't want to get kicked in the shin!

Sheila - we had a work event at the amusment park and were given free product.

maryeb said...

Well, you look adorable even if the weather isn't the same.
At least we haven't been getting the flooding (I'm in Columbus :))

Elissa said...

So jealous you got to go to Dividend Day; now that the family lives in Michigan, we don't get to go every year.

Though when my dad gives us the free tickets, he insists he gets the swag!

Lorena said...

I love love love your peacock necklace .... and the cardi... !

Elaine said...

I LOVE your ruffle-butt skirt :D hehe
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Keely said...

UR from WA? Cool! That's were I live. What part ru from? Love ur outfit 2day. That skirt is adorable.

Rosie Unknown said...

Cute outfit! I love how you reflects the weather in it with your colour choice!

Heather said...

I'm digging the butt ruffles!

That just sounds so wrong, but they are super cute and totally unexpected. Which is why they work! The necklace is awesome. I wouldn't have ever considered shopping at a Wet Seal (my thighs won't permit it) but if they have cute jewelry I may just have to bite the bullet.

Kasmira said...

Kiki - I grew up in Longview (Southwest Washington) and went to school in Bellingham (WWU).

Heta - Most Wet Seal clothing is too small for me too, but the store has really cute accessories on the website.

Yuri said...

the necklace is just "wow!"


twothousandthings.blogspot.com