Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WCC Year 2: Day 3

I’ve had “a white button-down shirt with special details” on my unofficial wishlist for ages. I found this frilly (and a bit pirate-y) number at the J Crew outlet north of the city. I predict it will sell well for J Crew. The woman in line ahead of me was buying one in black.

Blouse, J Crew. Dress, To the Max. Earrings, Target. Tights, Urban Outfitters. Buckle pumps, Two Lips.


I didn’t realize these tights had an ombre coloration until I pulled them out of the package. I thought they were navy. Instead, I discovered that the color gradates from cerulean blue at the waistband to black at the toes. I’m not sure if I’m a fan. I think the gradation would have been more flattering if it had been reversed.

Capsule items:


Continuity piece: same shoes as yesterday

18 comments:

gina said...

I love the collar on that blouse!

Sheila said...

Ooh, I love that top! I love ruffle fronts, but my boobular area is already pretty uh, fluffy? so unless the ruffles are small, they're a no go for me.

I really love the tights! I think I agree that they shouldn't be lighter at the top (visually widening the thigh). They are pretty awesome, though.

Penny said...

You look so lovely in this!

B/C Changeover said...

I love the color combo of this outfit - especially the pop of bright yellow! You look so pretty.

Londyn said...

I'm totally a fan. Love those tighs.

Kari said...

Wow! This is definitely my favorite look so far during the challenge. I love the layering of the dress over the romantic blouse, and my eyes keep going back to that yellow bag.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I love the shirt too and agree it will sell well.
I have a few dresses in this style and will dig them out after this week now.

eednic said...

this outfit turned out super cute! i see what you mean about the tights but they look absolutely amazing with this outfit.

jennschmerer said...

LOVE this outfit. And the top! I love that I'm constantly getting new ideas of how to wear "old" things I've had in my closet for ages by reading your blog. Thanks!

Lorena said...

Ruffles ! they get me jumpy, I love them , I can never get enough of them!! I love this look on you :)

Anonymous said...

Huh. I can't see the ombre coloration ... just the AMAZING pattern on those tights.

Soví Mládě said...

The tights are genial!

Jael Paris said...

I wanted to buy those shoes but was unemployed when they were out. Are they comfy?

Love the tights!

Tanya said...

Love the shirt! The ruffles are just divine. And you look great in this outfit. I love the tights too!

Just "signed up" to be your follower # 498 :)

Tanya

Kasmira said...

Jael Paris - the shoes are SUPER comfortable. They are one of my most comfy, and sensible, pairs of heels.

Sara said...

I love this outfit, but I think it would work so much better without the crazy tights. I am a simple girl and for me, the ruffles add just enough pop and interest.

SheenV said...

Love the tights!

Bernadette said...

those shoes!!