Saturday, September 19, 2009

Neutrals Mix

I’ve got a colorful reputation, but I also enjoy the occasional all (or mostly) neutrals ensemble. In the warmer months, I like to mix khaki and cream. The combination is restful and calming.


(I was trying to get Sammy in this picture, but he ran off. All I got was his fluffy bottom at the right edge of the frame.)

Cardigan, Mossimo. Skirt, B.B. Dakota (thrifted). Boots, Playhouse. Necklace, gift from a fan! Sunnies, Rampage.

In true, ornery cat-style, Sammy made it into every other pic.

<

Past khaki and cream combos:

11 comments:

Rosie Unknown said...

Cute! I feel a lot braver about mixing neutrals now!

Anonymous said...

Throwing those amazing boots in makes this outfit still a stand-out, not at all drab. I love it.

I was eyeballing that sweater in Target all summer, wondering how to wear it, now I'm kicking myself for not getting it. You paired it very well here. :)

The Magpie's Daughter said...

Sammy poses very well, very photogenic. Tee hee.

Sheila said...

I love when kitties get in the pictures.

Great mix of neutral tones on you - I always like a wee bit of colour, like your necklace. Very nice!

gina said...

Love the outfit. Cute cat!

Unknown said...

Very nice i like it... I love these colors too, and with my skin tone they look good... You look very pretty!!


www.fashion1psychology.wordress.com

Lorena said...

Hmmmm how is it all colors suit you :o) ???
Love the boots....

WendyB said...

Uncooperative pets are very amusing...I like his rear end in that photo!

love home|life|style said...

the neutrals really go well with your blonde hair too, lovely outfit.

Nana Erin said...

VERY pretty look on you. Love it with the blonde*. So soft.

*when you first went short and blond I thought I would never get used to it, and now the pictures of you as a red head seem so long ago. The blonde fits you so well.

Heather said...

I so a lot of neutral mixing, although not two lights together. I'm going to have to give it a try.