Friday, July 22, 2011

L'Amant

Reviewing these photos, I’ve discovered that I’ve dressed as if I were inspired by the movie L’Amant (The Lover). I’ve got The Young Girl’s fedora, red lips, and braid. (She wears two, but I have only one.) My vintage lace jacket and tasseled earrings have a late 20’s feel. And today’s weather could be mistaken for Vietnam’s.


Jacket, vintage. Dress, Richard Chai for Target (borrowed). Shoes, Linea Paolo. Bag, Mossimo. Earrings, vintage. Necklaces, thrifted and VCLM. Hat, Betmar.

I don’t fancy myself a Young Girl and quite accidentally imitated her look. The side French braid was just an attempt to corral my frizzy hair, the lipstick matched my earrings, and the hat shaded me from the brutal sun.


Photos by Beefy Muchacho

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Lovely outfit, Kasmira - that blue dress is such a nice colour for you.

I covet that lace jacket!

C said...

looks like something out of the Peruvian Connection catalog...esp the hat!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I love all of those colours together.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

I love the hair style and the hat! And the gorgeous dress too of course.

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Love the outfit and adore the lace jacket!

Cel said...

That side-braid is so pretty, I wish I could do that with my hair, but I'm all thumbs.