Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Le Robe

This may be the most simply I’ve styled this dress, yet*. No vest, no jacket, no blazer, just a yellow, braided belt.


Dress, Tucker for Target. Shoes, Nine West. Bag, Charming Charlie. Earrings, (Into) the Fray. Bracelets, vintage, Fort, Claire’s, and World Market.

I could go even more simple and wear this dress with the fabric, self belt it came with, but then it looks like a dressing gown. Once, wearing it with the self belt in the locker room, a woman complimented my “robe.” It didn’t faze me, but she was pretty confused when I added a blazer and boots and wore it out the door.




Photos by Beefy Muchacho

*I take it back…I topped it only with a belt in Atlanta. But that was a weekend outfit. Today was the first time I took such a simple styling approach for work.

4 comments:

Healthy and Homemade said...

That's a beautiful handbag!

River said...

Have you tried Le Robe as a swimsuit cover up?

Kasmira said...

Not yet. Do you recommend it? I'm afraid I've only worn a swimsuit once so far this summer!

River said...

...depending on your suit, I think so. This dress looks too big for you even with the belt.