Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Trends: Bright Bottoms

I’m wearing Saturday’s challenge on Friday afternoon because I’ve got other plans for Saturday. (Maybe you'll get a hint of my exciting weekend plans from the background in the photos.)

Okay, back to the challenge: Bright Bottoms.


Top, George. Shorts, Old Navy. Sandals, Mossimo. Scarf, Calypso St Barth for Target. Earrings, Monica D. Hat, Charlotte Russe. Owl brooch, thrifted. Bag, Nine West. Bracelets, Target and Claires. Watch, Vivani (gift).



Photos by Beefy Muchacho

I’ll be frank. I have a Big Bottom. So, I don’t wear a lot of Bright Bottoms. These green shorts are the only legged bright bottoms I own. All the rest are skirts:


(And I also have a large collection of bright dresses that cover my bottom. And my top. So they are more Bright All Over.)

Despite my skittishness around bright, legged bottoms I am curious to try the bright skinny jeans/pants trend. I actually bought a bright blue pair of City Lights skinny jeans, but returned them because of the low rise. Anyone have other brand suggestions? I haven’t tried Urban Outfitter’s BDG skinnies or J Brand. (The latter’s price makes me *shudder*.)

11 comments:

Stacy aka Stacybeads said...

You look great! I wear bright--even CRAZY--skirts all the time, but for some reason am scared of wearing colorful pants. I don't know why there's a difference in my mind, but there is.

maryeb said...

First neutrals then brights, you can't miss. Great combination of color and texture. Another outfit I'll have to try and copy! I don't have any bright bottoms so I do believe a shopping trip is in order.

Megan G said...

The best pair of colored skinnies I found were Celebrity Pink Jeans. I don't know where to buy them, because I got mine from Rugged Warehouse and saw more pairs in goodwill (just not in my size *tear*). They were a bit lower than I like, but not so low that my substantial bum fell out of them.

Love the green shorts with the pink scarf! Wonderful!

Londyn said...

These pics are some of my favorites - so beautifully done and I adore the bright bottoms!

Londyn said...

I like it!! Very cute.

Keely said...

So so cute! I love the pink scarf mixed with the green shorts.

Lorena said...

You look marvelous !!! the bright colors come together perfectly.
For the bright skinnies try Old Navy, they had some on sale and were called the sweetheart. Run a bit large and have a good fit.
lorena - myeverydaywear

ariane said...

i love it and beefy takes excellent pictures, it is great when someone can take the pics!

Ariane

WendyB said...

I'm loving bright green bottoms. I tried on a pair of pants that unfortunately didn't fit me, but I'm officially on the hunt for the right fit now.

Holly said...

I LOVE this combination! It's so bright and the owl pin on the hat is my favorite detail. Super pairing here!

Jessica said...

I luv the green!

I hardly think you have a big bottom! I have quite the bottom myself and find pants of any type is quite a trip. I'm curvy, but not curvy enough for any curvy fit pant. Regular pants never fit right; always clinging to the wrong places. Ugh. Don't get me started! =)