Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jorts

Cutting the legs off a pair of jeans isn’t really a DIY, but I did do it myself. I don’t think I’ve “made” a pair of jean shorts since high school. This pair is ridiculously comfortable. I may have worn and slept in them a few times before these photos were taken.


Tee, H&M. Jorts, Levi’s (thrifted and hacked). Sandals, Aerosoles. Bag, Charming Charlie. Earrings, Monica D. Spiked cuff, thrifted. Silver cuff, G Chilton.

Cut-off denim seems to be trending this summer. My favorite style has a mid-length* inseam with the frayed edges turned up. I’m really not a fan of the cut-offs that resemble denim underpants.


Photos by Beefy Muchacho

I recently saw another fun version of cut-offs: 4-inch-ish inseam, no hem, no turn up, and vents cut into the sides. I may have to hack up another pair of thrifted jeans.

Are you a jorts DIY-er? How do you cut the perfect denim shorts?

*My definition of “mid-length” is 5 inches.

6 comments:

Lindsey Dixon said...

What a wonderful mental image of underjorts you've given me. :). The length of those is perfect! How did you figure out how short to cut them?


The Bombshell Manifesto

Megan G said...

My perfect length is about that long too. I thrifted two pairs of shorts, but still don't wear them very often. I've done the cutoffs, but always manage to mess them up. I think yours look really cute and well done. Love your wrist cuffs too..

Kasmira said...

I measured 5 inches along the inner seam from the crotch and marked the fabric. Then, I folded the hem up to that point (to ensure a straight line) and cut!

Sarah said...

I did this with a pair of my comfy jeans! I've been wearing them all summer :) And yes I think the cuffed (or turned-up) look is trending.

Healthy and Homemade said...

These look great! Whenever I try to hack off the legs of my jeans the end product just isn't right.

Londyn said...

Different than the usual Kasmira look, but still so fun and sexy! Love it.