Friday, May 20, 2011

Afire

Almost exactly a year ago, I parted ways with the platinum blond experiment and returned to my red (not) roots. In honor of the anniversary, I returned to the gazebo where I debuted my new 'do.


Shrug, Express (swap). Dress, London Times. Belt, thrifted. Necklaces, vintage. Flats, Nine West. Bag, Liz Claiborne (gift). Sunnies, Betsey Johnson.

I also repeated the teal and purple color palette.



I’ll probably remain red until I let it go gray. At Beefy’s request, I’m growing my hair long, once again. I’ve had regular trims to lose the blond, crispy ends, but I’m making progress!

Last year:


Today:


Photos by Beefy Muchacho

7 comments:

Beefy Muchacho said...

I forgot how short the "new" red hair was a first. You look awesome in these pictures.

Stacybeads said...

My hair isn't as red as yours, it's more auburn, but only recently have I realized how great teal looks with any shade of reddish hair. I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out! So anyway, wearing teal is my new thing. :)

Mykki said...

Also auburn-haired and yes, teal looks great on all redheads. ^_^

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Auburn hair always shines so beautifully in the sunshine.
From a fellow redhead :)

-smatz- said...

I am not red-headed at all, but I am a ginger enthusiast. And, frankly, I think all colors look gorgeous with red hair. AND I think all colors look gorgeous on you, Kasmira. Are there any colors that you feel aren't flattering to you/that you avoid?


xo!
Sarah

Kasmira said...

-smatz- Khaki/beige/pale gray tends to wash me out, but I think that's true of anyone with pale skin. When I was blond, I couldn't wear mustard yellow. I can carry it off as a redhead, but my skin still looks a little jaundiced!

hypertigur said...

I like this outfit the most this week! The colors you used are so rich with the gold jewelry. It really makes your red hair pop even more. It's so lovely!