Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mod Swap

Almost 10 months after the Sweat Swap, I am finally wearing the mod-print dress I took home from the event.


Cardigan, Rodarte for Target. Dress, swap! Shoes, Gianni Bini. Necklaces, Target and World Market. Bag, Vieta. Jacket (below), Allen B.

The debut delay was mostly due to the dress length. I needed to take the hem up about 6 inches before wearing it. I was also considering taking it in at the waist, but my skills aren’t up to the task. I’ll just belt the sucker.


It’s amazing what a difference six inches can make!


Before and after

Photos by Beefy Muchacho

8 comments:

theEmocarebear said...

I love the cardigan over the dress idea. ^^
The idea of a "Sweat Swap" sounds awesome! I'll be looking for one in Michigan.

Charisse said...

That dress is GREAT! I want it for me. But I need to get a bit smaller before I am comfortable wearing something THAT busy. :) I am getting there though.

The six inch difference is HUGE and definitely makes the dress more fun.

prettyinandout.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

That's a great print on the dress! I like it both lengths.

Cel said...

What a lovely dress! I actually kinda liked it at the longer length but I'm a sucker for that midi length for some odd reason hah. Definitely loving that pattern though, so bright.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

I too like the dress at both lengths (for moi). You look wonderful in the print plus that graphic bag! Sooooo mod : >

Style Journey said...

That is a cool dress! I like it both lengths - either way it's pretty awesome!

My Heart Blogged said...

The print is really great on it. I love how you could pair it with some great bold colors.

Alex said...

LOVE this ensemble...what a WILD combination!!