Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Western Floral

For Everybody Everywear florals, I pulled out my Little House on The Prairie dress.

For me, the fun of Everybody Everywear is approaching my closet like a scavenger hunt. Last month’s challenge was the “maxi.” I don’t have one of those long jersey skirts that everyone else seems to be wearing, but I do have an ankle-length, silk, wrap skirt that I bought as a souvenir in Thailand, so I made that work. For “florals,” I had a few choices, but thought it more fun to wear the cheapest floral in my closet. I thrifted this dress for $4.50.


Vest, Old Navy (swapped and dyed). Dress, handmade, thrifted, and shortened. Boots, Dan Post. Cuffs, Target and Epcot Canada. Earrings, Monica D. Bag, Mossimo

>

Image 1264



Photos by Beefy Muchacho

I’ve worn it a few times before. Cost per wear is now only 30 cents:

10 comments:

the average girl said...

I've been following your blog for years and even commented a few times.After all this time it is still a great pleasure to see your blog, your outfits and the new photographer :) is doing a wonderful job.
I'm glad you exist Kasmira.

Anonymous said...

I adore florals with cowgirl boots. Such a fabulous combo.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

So cute with the boots! I tried to do floral today but all I could come up with was my seahorse scarf-belt. I do love it though : >

Stacy said...

What a bargain at 30 cents per wear! Cute dress, and I love your photo shoot at the flower nursery.

Homebody said...

So cute! That dress is unstoppable! :-) Say, did you know your image is on the blog "1000 Awesome Things?" Here's the link to your image:
http://1000awesomethings.com/2011/05/03/253-optimistic-weather-dressers/

My Heart Blogged said...

I love the dress. It looks very country chic.
My Heart Blogged

Salazar said...

That dress is super cute! And a wonderful thrift find!

14 Shades Of Grey

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this dress, and am dumbfounded that you managed to find it at a thrift store. Unless I am in the market for an oversized polyester sheath, I am plum out of luck at my local stores.

Maggie said...

Love this outfit- and how great that you've gotten so much wear out of the dress!

Bernadette said...

the first photo is my fav! love the belt & peeptoes, but the hair down makes it the full deal. love the headband in 2, the weird cardi in 6 looks nice with it,but the 13th with the orange & the purple...was an extra crazy mash-up!