Friday, July 02, 2010

Because

I wasn’t going to get dressed today, but I had call-backs for Enchanted April (I was not cast) and Joy called me to ask if I was ready to return her Purdy bags.


Dress, thrifted. Belt, H&M. Bag, Purdy. Boots, Dan Post. Earrings, self-made.

My friend Joy makes upcycled bags and wallets. This version, made from camouflage utilities, is my favorite. She takes custom requests, so if you have old cammies of your own, she can repurpose them as a satchel. This bag is not made from one of my uniforms. I was a Marine, not a Soldier.


Now, I am just Silly.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Love your square dance twirl there. Pretty print!

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Purseapalooza giveaway

Cyn said...

I say, that first pic, with the color and print of your dress along with your skin really makes the red hair look even more flattering. The rule about redheads not being able to wear pink is a lie!

Sheila said...

A very pretty outfit! You look lovely amongst the greenery.

anne smith said...

how do i get one of those bags?

Kasmira said...

anne - I believe Purdy sold the bag I'm wearing in this photo, but she could make you another! Leave a comment at: http://www.purdeveryday.blogspot.com