Sunday, July 25, 2010

Get Something Extra

I don’t get to the mall as often as I’d like, but one of my favorite mall stores for work appropriate attire is The Limited. I can count on that store for basics, with a little something extra…

Basic: jersey dress
A little extra: the fabulous color

I literally…Wore. This. Dress. Out. Then, I retired it to casual wear. Then, I cut it up in an attempt to make a “little man” video. I definitely got my money’s worth. A piece of it lives on in my closet, holding my brooches.

Basic: dressy tee
A little extra: pintuck detail around the neck

Like the dress, this is also an incredible color.

Basic: navy cardigan
A little extra: the marching-band-style appliques

This sweater was my most recent Limited purchase. It is the holy grail of navy cardis.

The Limited is partnering with Jodi Arnold for its Fall 2010 collection. Jodi’s collection is inspired by the ‘20s and ‘30s. I've previewed the collection and it delivers the "extra" in the form of beading, embroidery, and sequins. Jodi Arnold be appearing in Cincinnati later this month:

Who: The Limited and Designer Jodi Arnold
What: You’re invited to an exclusive fashion presentation and cocktail party, including 40%, giveaways and gift bags (while supplies last)
Where: The Limited, 7875 Montgomery Road
When: August 18, 6-9pm
Why: Celebrate the spirit of the modern woman and discover your own freedom of expression

Cincy Chic has asked me to host a contest on What I Wore Today to give away something really "extra:" a $50 gift certificate and 30-minute wardrobe consultation with Jodi Arnold.

To enter, leave a comment telling me why you love your Limited pieces from a past, current, or upcoming season. Cincy Chic and I will select the top 5 stories and put those to a reader vote.

Leave your story in the comments by August 5!

Please enter only if you’ll be able to attend The Limited event in Cincinnati on 8/18.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

I so wish I could enter, but alas, I'm nowhere near Cincinnati. I do love the Limited, though. Their dresses fit me perfectly! I ordered the bridesmaid dresses for my wedding from their online store and liked them so much that I ordered one for myself too!

Liz said...

The Limited is one of my go to stores and has been a staple of my shopping routine since high school! From high school, to college, and now to the working world The Limited keeps me coming back as a shopper with its affordable and classic pieces. But what I love most of all about the clothes from The Limited is that in one stop I can find pieces that are work ready but also chic enough for cocktails with my girlfriends.

Erica said...

When I first graduated, I purchased my first black blazer at the Limited. I was able to find something professional that fit well and didn't feel too stuffy. As a recent grad, I wanted to be taken seriously in my new job, but I had major problems finding clothing that had personality and didn't feel "too old" for me. I still love the Limited today for this very reason!

http://rawtasmania.blogspot.com said...

What I am learning from you, is that more is not more, which alas has been my philosophy for too long. I look at your pictures of you in the coral dress and all the incarnations it has and I am so impressed how it looks like a different outfit every time. I want to be able to do that. How do I start..after I have dragged myself out form under the pile of clothes that is my closet?

Beth said...

I can't think of The Limited without thinking of my desire to acquire as many Outback Red shirts as possible in junior high. All the cool girls wore them! I read last year they were bringing back the brand, but I haven't seen anything yet@

Kasmira said...

opshop - my main trick is layering...http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2007/10/layer-it.html

Eric and Jill said...

When I was in gradeschool, Limited Too opened at the mall, and it was so uber cool because the store was modeled after the original (not the pukey bright colors of today), and seemed so sleek and grownup. I loooooved shopping there. Then my love continued throughout high school. I'll never forget the bright yellow short sleeved sweater I wore to my first day of high school, nor the sporty but sleek white jacket I wore over EVERYTHING! Nowadays my favorite Limited pieces are my boatneck black sweater and brown and orange tweed jacket (a la Jackie O). Ah, the Limited, always there for us women. You hit the nail on the head, Kasmira, The Limited does it right with the little twists of the classics.

Paige P said...

When I got my first "real" job while living in DC, the limited was the first place I stopped to "class up" my wardrobe that had managed to get me through waistressing and starbucks, but would totally be awful in an office. I remember that I told myself I was buying investment peices (Now they seem more than affordable.) I ended up getting a brightly colored cardigan, and black a line dress, and a pair of grey amazing slacks. Everything has lasted me these four years, and are going to be classic pieces forever. I think buying clothing at the limited was one of the first things that actually made me feel like the adult I was becoming, and that it was a good thing.

Allie said...

I remember when I got my first "big girl job" and I had to go shopping for new clothes. My best friend insisted I go to the Limited. She made me try on the Drew fit pants and that is the moment I fell in love. I love that I can still look trendy, don't break the bank, and walk out a happy customer! Every fall I get so excited for what new cardi I can buy =)

limitedfan said...

I love the Limited because they are the only store where the pants fit me perfectly! I am tall and thin (not always a blessing!)and a lot of stores with long sizes the crotch hangs low!!? Who is shaped like that?! The inseam on the long pants along with the waist sizes are proportioned just the way I need them. Not to mention the clothes are great for a working girl like me but also cute enough for weekend fun!

Jaclyn said...

What an exciting contest! I need a consultation with a Jodi Arnold. I'm that girl that looks like she has it together, has some sort of fashion but I don't! I'm the worst. I go into stores and try to find the most stylish new outfit but am terrible of picking it out. I always look at young professional women and think - if only I could get an outfit like that! That's why I love the Limited, their sales consultants are always so helpful and the selection is great! They do a nice job putting the outfits together on the model, which is so helpful for people like me! The Limited look has great pants, pants that really fit. All of their designs are professional chic, love it!

Emily said...

I like the The Limited because it's grown-up and classy.