Friday, March 07, 2008

The Big Event

Orange dress, The Limited. Gray long-sleeved tee, Bitten. Gray tights, Merona. Gray slouchy boots, White Mountain. Orange capiz earrings and gold-tone necklace, Xhilaration.

The weatherpeople predict many inches of snow to fall today and tomorrow. This morning and afternoon, the precipitation will not be heavy and most will melt because of the above-freezing temperatures. This evening, however, The Main Event begins, as one weatherman put it, with accumulation of 8 – 10 inches.






I’ve realized that I have made a habit of winterizing my dresses by adding gray or black layers beneath them. Matching the color and shade of the top and bottom layers keeps the look sleek. I’ve gotten a lot of use out of my black turtleneck/black tights and gray long-sleeved tee/gray tights combinations…and not just on days we had a Big Event forecast.

12 comments:

Elisabeth said...

The colour of that dress really suits you! You look fab!

Anonymous said...

Looks like those "weatherpeople" were way off base. I'd say the Big Event is here early (noon). Great outfit and another good hair day...

-AlEn

True Mama said...

Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying your blog and I love your sense of style. I'm a SAHM to a toddler and I'm just getting back into being fashionable after a long hiatus.

Also...I love your hair! The cut, the color, the whole deal. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you wont mind that a sissy reads your blog now and I am learning a lot about fashion from you!!!

Anonymous said...

Great outfit! Love the orange and grey combi. I follow your blog regularly and have picked up alot of good ideas. Need some fashion advice-- I noticed that you regularly use belts in your outfits-- I try to incorporate them too in mine but get confused about when to wear a thick or thin belt. Any advice is appreciated -- thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

i like this outfit a lot. i'm very short and have a bit of a tummy and chucky thighs. like anonymous said, i love belts too..but i really dont know how to wear them. i feel that i can only wear belts with hipster pants and i dont like hipsters... they dont feel right on me. and belts have a way of highlighting my chucnky middle area. and cuz i'm short, i'm so scared to try wearing boots. i'm kinda booby as well. any advice will be appreciated! the itfit today is very pretty. usually dresses in theis cut make people look pregnant. but u've pulled it off very well. and the colour coordination's perfect!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and you have a wonderful style. Can you come and help a fashion challenged chick? Also I wanted to ask you, I see that many of you clothes are Moda. Is that Victoria's Secret? If so, do their clothes run true to size? Thanks so much and well done!

Anonymous said...

there's a post about you here http://community.livejournal.com/off_wiwt/

Kasmira said...

Belt lovers - you're in luck. My theme for next week is Big Belts and Brights. I'll be wearing a different big belt each day. Perhaps I'll do a skinny belt theme the next week.

Anon - Moda International probably runs about a size large. Similar to Express or NY & Co sizing.

Kasmira said...

Other Anon - no need to bring my attention to discussions about me or my blog if they aren't nice.

WendyB said...

That orange dress is such a beautiful color on you.

Londyn said...

This dress is beautiful and you look beautiful in it! Love it :)