Thursday, March 27, 2008

TOS: Green and Citron

White blouse, Bebe. White cami, NY & Co. Black skirt, from my USMC dress blues uniform. Green and citron silk scarf, Old Navy. Bracelet and bangles, Xhilaration. Green platform peep-toes, Wet Seal

I think updating a classic combination, like a white top and black skirt, to reflect current trends is a fun wardrobe challenge. Last summer, I added red and leopard accents to a white blouse and black trousers to rev up a basic ensemble. After purchasing this bold scarf last weekend, I thought a black and white outfit would be the perfect foil for the citron and green. I added a few matching, bright bracelets and my green (clown) shoes to take a black skirt and white blouse from stale to fresh.

It’s raining today and peep-toes + puddles = wet feet! I wore my leopard print boots in to work to keep my toes dry. My roses umbrella was done in by 50 mph gusts while I walked over the 6th street viaduct this fall. I replaced it with a collapsible, leopard-print umbrella (not pictured).

16 comments:

Kim said...

Love, love, love that scarf with the black and white. What a canvas!

Anonymous said...

Very cute and very spring...love it! Sorry about your umbrella, but I think you found a nice replacement. : ) L

Anonymous said...

cute and fun, too many bracelets, pick one hand :)

Anonymous said...

I have thought the green shoes looked like clwon shoes in the past ... but with this outfit they ahve finally found their place. Simply lovely today!

Anonymous said...

great outfit...

Elisabeth said...

The scarft is gorgeous; and I love the green/yellow & black/white colour theme you've got going on there!

Anonymous said...

this has got to be one of my favorite ensembles of yours ever. guess that means i'm a classic dresser at heart, (though i do really try hard to mix it up on occasion). i'm so copying this!! well done!!--K

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit! Green and yellow with the classic black and white is so punchy! I agree with the other reviewer; the bracelets on both wrists look too much like sweatbands, too cheerleader-y. I'd say pick one wrist and just go with one color of bracelet. What a winner!

bwhite said...

Again one arm for the bracelets - wear both I don't care but only on one side. Love the colours but I'm confused about the belt. Are you wearing it very high up? or is the angle of the photo foreshortening your upper body? Whichever it is it looks a little odd on an otherwise cool outfit.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other reviewers about both the fabulousness of the colors and the distraction of the bracelets on both arms. Having all the color on every appendage and and your neck kind of draws a box around your body to me, but maybe that's just because I love asymmetry. And hey, I couldn't put together an outfit half this good or pull off an outfit you picked as well as you can, so my two cents are only worth about . . . well . . . two cents.

rccalyn said...

I really really love your red jacket! And love that you take your picture EVERY DAY. In high school I kept track of every outfit I wore to school (private school, dress code = not much variety) and got made fun of for it. Just think - I could be as cool as you by now, if I hadn't let the mocking bother me :-P

Anonymous said...

Girl, I love this outfit. You look sooo cute. I absolutely love the rain boots. You need to keep those on!! Those are the hot!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful outfit-love the bright colors for a rainy day.

Gervy said...

NOOOOoooooooooo! Don't remark upon the death of the roses umbrella so casually! That is very, very sad.

May she rest in peace.

Ping said...

Love the red coat. You look a bit like Daphne from Scooby-Doo with that scarf though, but the overall effect if very cute.

SewEthel said...

Really loving this outfit! I love scarves!!