Friday, March 28, 2008

TOS: Day LBD

Black dress, London Times. Yellow cardigan, Mossimo. Black belt, Steve Madden. Aqua peeptoe pumps, Wild Diva. Bangles, from an import store.



In many of those books that list a little black dress as an essential wardrobe item, the reader is further advised to own both a day and an evening LBD. Being on a limited budget, and only scoring my evening LBD after weeks of searching, I dismissed a day version as a luxury. When I spotted this dress at Marshall’s I was attracted to the tie neck, puffed sleeves, pleats, and swingy shape. That it was black was actually a drawback. (I don’t wear much black.) I looked for it in another color, but found none. So, without meaning to, I ended up with a day LBD after all.

While I like the trapeze dress shape, I belted it for wear today. The pleats form the most charming gathers when belted.



11 comments:

Londyn said...

Very very very cute -- love that dress! The shoes work great with it too.

Kim said...

I love that black dress- with or without the belt.

Elisabeth said...

Those blue shoes are to die for.

I now really want a pair in that colour...!

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

This has been my favorite week in a long time. I love all the yellow and green. Yesterday was just genius! Today is adorable. I agree with Kim in comments, the dress is great with or without the belt. Great score!
ta-ta, Tessa

Leah said...

I agree with the last comment. Your outfits have been so cute this week. Love the dress and how you added the bright colors!

Alexandra said...

Those blue shoes are wonderful!

Unknown said...

what a great dress! It looks so different belted that you'll get a ton of milage out of it. And those aqua pumps are glorious.

Anonymous said...

Less comment, more advice question: since you work in HR, what are your opinions on what to wear for the first day of a new job? I've been through the interview process - plain business suits of course. It is a professional job in a "business casual" environment. Do I wear a suit again for the first day? Something more "business" than "casual"? Do I match their usual dress? And, just out of curiosity, do you have any horror stories of what people wear from your work experience?

Anonymous said...

black tights and black boots, with the belt.

Anonymous said...

Some poeple are scared to wear shoes that bright (not me)I think that your outfit was well put together, and I love the way you made it stand out by the shoes! Love it, simply marvelous!

Kasmira said...

Jnett - I wouldn't wear a suit the first day. You won't fit in. I'd go for the more formal side of "business casual" the first day and check out what other people are wearing. On the first day, try a blouse with slacks or a skirt. Bring a blazer or cardigan in case you need to take it up a notch. If you see that every one else is wearing khakis and polo shirts, you'll know to dress more casually in the future!