Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day Glo

Jersey dress, The Limited. Belt, Xhilaration. Shoes, Miss Me. Obnoxious earrings, Body Central. Sunglasses, George. Nude fishnets, Simply Vera by Vera Wang.

I suppose this outfit is proof that I don’t shy away from bright colors. In this light, the colors seem almost fluorescent. That’s why I’m wearing sunglasses.

I was bold this morning and cut off the dress’ attached self-belt. It was positioned too high and I generally don’t like the look of sash-style belts. When I’d cover the belt with a fitted jacket or another, wider belt, the resulting fabric lump was uncomfortable. I’m always hesitant to do something so permanent and destructive to my clothing, but I’ve had the dress for a just over a year (and worn it ten times) and it is starting to show signs of wear. Without the belt, I can style it in new and different ways. In case I do change my mind, I saved the sash ends so that I can sew them together and form a new self-belt.

9 comments:

Boutique Girl said...

I have just started to read your blog and want to the let you know that I love it!!

Elisabeth said...

A gorgeous bright outfit that matches the glorious weather!

kasiaczek said...

This dress is really beautiful with this yellow belt:)

The Cocoa Goddess said...

Beautiful dress and a great color on you. Love the yellow shoe pairing too.

GeminiJulia said...

Oh I love this one--and I love that you're rocking these shoes in all different ways.

Anonymous said...

wow. bright! *closes eyes*
u had the dress for a year and wore it 10 times? if i had a dress for a year i'de have worn it 100 times.

angie~*

Alexandra said...

Love the colours on you!

Londyn said...

Always lovin that dress and those shoes! Can I steal them forever???

Anonymous said...

So pretty and cheerful! I love the coral with the colour of your hair. And your shoes are fabulous!