Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Target Tribute

Cropped jacket, London Jean. Lace overlay tank, George. Linen skirt, Merona (via swap). Slip (visible at neckline), thrifted. Peeptoe pumps, Mossimo. Purse, Isaac Mizrahi for Target. Earrings and headband, Xhilaration. Bracelet, Forever 21.

You can tell I do a lot of shopping at Target. Here, I’m wearing four of the house brands: Merona, Mossimo, Xhilaration, and Isaac Mizrahi for Target. It’s just so easy to shop there. It has a wide variety of goods, the hours are great, the stores are pleasant, and the design team is spot on the latest trends.



Today’s outfit was inspired by the May issue of Lucky. Ali Larter looks splendid in a mix of beige and cream. I have trouble carrying off that particular palette. I added green to contrast with my skin and bring out the color of my eyes and hair. I’ll admit, that I spent most of the day neither wearing the jacket nor carrying the purse. Our office was too muggy for the jacket (after the climate control had been off for the 3-day weekend) and, seriously, who carries a purse around the office?


Here, you can see why I can’t wear these colors without a contrasting accent. My skin blends right in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i actually think the last picture's really pretty... white's a swet colour.. buti agre green goes with your hair and eyes..

also. the way u've done up your house is very pretty.. it's someting like what i wanna do with my house...someday. i especially love ur dining area =) and the purple wall's pretty too!

angie~*

Elisabeth said...

Too cute!

I love the jacket, and as I said before - I adore the bag!

Kimberly said...

I don't know if it's just the lighting, but I think the cream and white on you in the last picture looks very elegant.

Nemesis said...

Looks good...and I can't stay out of Target..future hubby says that he's going to take my picture to them all and tell them not to let me in..lol

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love your blog.

SHOEGAL said...

The green really suits you.