Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Michelle

Blouse, NY & Co. Single-pleat skirt, Eddie Bauer. Scarf, swap. Belt and bangles, Xhilaration. Oversized clutch, Express. Peeptoes, Wet Seal.



Today’s outfit is courtesy of Michelle, who suggested I pair plum and yellow. Purple is not my color, but I can wear the more reddish shades. This shirt is one of my few purple items.

I feel a little guilty when I wear this scarf. I swapped for it with another flickr member (let’s call her CS). After wearing it and posting the photo to Wardrobe Remix, another swapper told me that the scarf had been promised to her! CS turned out to be a very unreliable swapper who “swaplifted” a number of people in the group and was eventually banned. I’ve offered to send the scarf to the other swapper, but she declined.


Despite the sunshine, the day was a little cool, so I wore my Bebe coat to and from work. Also pictured here is my gigantic tote from Wilson’s Leather. I’ve used it daily for three and a half years. I had to get the handles replaced (the leather eventually tore), but the rest of the bag is in fine condition.

9 comments:

SHOEGAL said...

This outfit is so colourful, I love it! Especially the shoes. But then I would say that...

Alexandra said...

I am happy to hear I'm not the only one who's been carrying the same massive black leather bag to work for years and years. The fact that I normally have a cute clutch in it makes it better, no? :)

Elisabeth said...

Love the giant bag!

The purple looks great as well!

Anonymous said...

Kasmira,

This plum is great on you and the skirt has a very cute, modern and flattering design. I love everything about this outfit...except the shoes.
I love the design behind the outfit to have subtle touches of green at the neck, midway at the arm and then at the bottom with the shoes because this creates unity and balance which pleases the eye, but the shoes don't really work for me. Maybe if they were a slightly darker shade of green? They appear too bold for the rest of the outfit. I think the actual cut of the shoes helps create that effect as well, if that makes any sense.

Anonymous said...

Me again...looking at the third photo, I think the shoes work here, because the red overpowers them and balances them out... Because of this, the shoes take on a more subtle role and work in harmony with the scarf and bangle.

Here, the red is the star of the show and the scarf, bangle and shoes play supporting roles. Above, the plum and yellow are co-stars, while the green shoes compete for a starring role too. Just too much drama going on, pun intended : ).

Hope I am not boring you with my analysis...but this really helps me when I am trying to put together outfits myself. I have learned so much from you and thank you for sharing your outfits.

April said...

I love this color combination! I am partial to this plum color. It reminds me of sangria :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE this outfit! Purple looks really good on you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi I have a question regarding Wet Seal shoes, since I see you have bought pairs in the past, Do they run small or large? I was just wondering because I wanted to order a pair from the website and they dont have the color I want in my size, but they do have it in a half size smaller..anyway, and feedback would be helpful.
Jessica

MaryMary-Jane said...

nice blog,
like your mint shoes and your colourful style!