Friday, May 23, 2008

Swing Over Cling

Eyelet swing jacket, Forever 21. Missoni-esque faux wrap dress, Lipstick. Peeptoe pumps, Antonio Melani. Purse, Crown Lewis (vintage). Earrings, Xhilaration.

I love these little swing jackets that first appeared last spring. It’s important, though, to wear them over a lean layer so one’s form isn’t lost. Conversely, topping a clingy dress with a swingy top keeps one from showing too much form. The two silhouettes were made for one other.



I’m carrying my lovely vintage purse again and wearing my lazy girl’s hair-do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree about the swingy (and sometimes cropped) jacket with a leaner silhouette. It's definitely one of my favorite trends of the past year or two.

Anonymous said...

The colors of this dress are great on you and your lazy girl's hair is so chic and sophisticated. L

Cherish said...

I have the exact same shoes and I love your purse!!!!

random acts of beauty said...

Please, I need a tutorial on the "lazy girl hairdo"--I love it. I do something similar, but much less chic!

Anonymous said...

I second the request for a lazy girl hair tutorial -- Love this look!

Londyn said...

really pretty

Anonymous said...

i'm a fan of the hair too...it looks really pretty from the back.. very elegant! tutorial would be good! =)

angie~*