Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wedding Colors

Blouse, Charlotte Russe. Skirt, A Byer. Cami, NY & Co. Faux python, slingback, peeptoes, BCBGirls. Beads, Xhilaration. Faux croc headband, Bitten. Sunglasses, George. Water bottle, Kroger.



When I announced to my Marines that I was getting married, the first thing my Sergeant asked me was “What’re your colors, ma’am?” I looked at her like she was speaking another language. Colors? Are colors important? She explained to me that the color palette was one of the first things I had to consider. I don’t remember how I arrived at hot pink and orange, but I haven’t regretted it. The florist thought I was a little mad, but when my mother visited her again, three years later, she told my mom that the combo had become very popular.



I’m one of those people who refill disposable, sport-top water bottles and continue to drink out of the same container for months. I do this despite the warnings I’ve received that the spout eventually becomes so unsanitary that I might as well be licking the bathroom floor. When I found this dishwasher-safe bottle at Kroger, I snapped it up. I can wash it, it has a removeable, freezer-gel core, and it matches my wedding colors!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this! So bright, summery and cheerful. I love that beaded necklace too. Hope you enjoy the holiday weekend. L

Virginia said...

I love this outfit! Esp. the blouse... I've been looking for something like that, so that my post-pregnancy waist can get a little definition. :)

I love hot pink & orange too.

Anonymous said...

and your bottle is probably made with polycarbonate plastic which isn't healthy either!

Leah said...

I love the pink and orange! You look very bright and cheery today.

And just one little picky thing-the second "e" in "sergeant" is missing. (My husband's a Marine so I'm probably the only one who will notice).

Great outfit!

Anonymous said...

Also, the brand is BCBGirls, not BCBG Girls. It's kind of tricky and we get what you mean, though.

Julie said...

That's a beautiful bouquet! I love that you matched your water bottle to your outfit. Now that's a sign of a true fashionista. P.S. I've been reading you blog for a month or so now and I love it. It's inspired me to wear more color, it's not up to your standards yet, but I'm not sticking to black and white four days a week anymore :)

Anonymous said...

You are so cuting edge - picking orange and pink together years ago for your wedding and now it being a huge trend! Those sunglasses add a great 50's glam-ness to the outfit!

Natalee said...

I loved this outfit, but would have preferred nude shoes. Just me ...

Nat

Anonymous said...

the pink and orange are not working for me...they scream cheap beach towel! but i like your adventurousness, and i usually like your color combinations too.

ShopDownLite.com said...

Too funny that you called out the water bottle ref. :-)

Love the colors - great outfit!

Cherish said...

Adorable as usual!