Monday, July 19, 2010

Early in the Morning


As much as I hate the summer heat and humidity, I’ll be sorry when it’s over, taking the light with it. Already, the days are getting shorter and shorter. I won’t be able to take these before-work shots outdoors for long.


Blouse, Charlotte Russe. Skirt, Side x Side (thrifted, shortened, and embellished). Shoes, Miss Me. Earrings, H&M (swap).


Lots of silly dancer-y poses this morning.

All the ways I’ve worn this lovely, but difficult-to-style blouse:


It has an elasticized, drop waist that I'm always trying to obscure.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

For a blouse that is difficult, I love all the ways you've found to style it!

I especially love those shoes, they're fantastic!

Lindsey Dixon said...

This is such a flirty look.I love the shoes with it, I'm a big fan of all of your shoes. :)


Lindsey Soup

Londyn said...

You do such a great job making this blouse work in different ways. I love it!!

Rosie Unknown said...

All the different solutions you've found are really inspiring. I'm going to have to try and utilize more of my difficult to style pieces.

CRibbits said...

That is such a pretty blouse. The waist would drive me crazy. I wonder if there is some way to un-eleasticized it?

Sheila said...

I love seeing all your past stylings of that blouse. I'm with you, though, I loathe those drop-waist elastic bottomed tops. Arg, such a pain.

Unknown said...

that skirt is absolutely darling! that blouse is very pretty too, love seeing how you've styled it previously!

Unknown said...

I like the detail of the blouse but, I understand why it's so difficult to style. You have done a great job!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Love that blouse and all the ways you've styled it. Think this one is my favourite though.

Anonymous said...

Lovely indeed - and I think this iteration of the blouse is my fave.

Unknown said...

I love the blouse, very sweet and classic

Julia said...

Love the skirt with this blouse - the blue and pink work nicely together!

Kim said...

I know you have longer, rougher winters than I do, so I can't help but look forward to Fall and layering season again. Of course you manage to layer successfully no matter what season it is.