Monday, February 09, 2009

Funky Staid

Blazer, borrowed. Blouse, Charlotte Russe. Dress, Newport News. Pendant, thrifted. Belt (worn as a necklace), Camp Foster PX. Fishnets, Simply Vera. Studded pumps, Oh Deer!



I have some SERIOUS dimples

I thought it was fun (and kind of schizophrenic) to combine very serious elements (blazer, dress, handbag) with funkier pieces (pendant/belt-as-a-necklace combo, blouse, and shoes).

Londyn found this “headpiece of the Staff of Ra” pendant when we were thrifting, but I bought it. I never wear the chain “belt” as it was intended to be worn. I like it much better as a necklace…or id badge lanyard.

10 comments:

Katy said...

I adore this outfit and shoes!!!!!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Oh I love that belt as a necklace!!

Milly said...

i love that belt as a necklace too

Fräulein Luise said...

I love the style and colour of the blouse !

Ben Varkentine said...

For me, the blazer doesn't quite work.

Sheila said...

I love those shoes. I wish the blazer fit you better. Did you borrow it off your husband?

Lini said...

Those shoes are soooo FAB!! I love them!!!!!

Sierra Moore said...

I love the top and necklace the most!

Kasmira said...

I borrowed the blazer from a the costume shop of one of the theater groups I work with. It fit better when I stole it in August....maybe I've lost weight?

divasoul said...

I love those shoes!