Monday, February 02, 2009

Pete and Repeat

I guess I can’t get enough of a gimmick. We just started the February Recession Challenge and I’m also doing a theme week (Cerulean and Feathers) just for the heck of it. Blue-green is one of my favorite and most flattering colors, so I’ll wear it all week. I added the feathers just to make things interesting. For those of you not familiar with my theme weeks, they aren’t set intended to be for anyone other than myself, but you can play along if you like.

Blazer, FANG. Dress, London Times. Tights, Forever 21. Boots, Nine West. Headband, self-made. Purse, Payless.


Detail of the feathered headband I made…although all I did was glue a purchased feathered paddle to a headband I already owned.




This brooch came attached to the jacket.

Oh, look: same headband, blazer, boots, purse, and color scheme as an outfit I wore just a few weeks ago. I also wanted to repeat the earrings, but I couldn’t find them. I will repeat the shirt later this week as one of my cerulean items.

11 comments:

Stephanie N. said...

I'm very excited about this theme week. Blue-green/cerulean shades are some of my favorites.

Jane said...

You know when you come across a word that you aren't familiar with and when you find out - it's everywhere!
I watched The Devil Wears Prada at the weekend with my daughter and had to look up Cerulean after Miranda's rant at Andy and her lumpy sweater.
You don't look lumpy - you look great.
Can't wait to see the rest of your Cerulean clothes.

Anonymous said...

it might be an almost-repeat, but when something is so great, its worth an encore!

Cathryn said...

I love how your feathers are repeated in the pattern in those tights.

Unknown said...

Love this outfit. Where did you find the feather "paddle" on your headband?

Kasmira said...

Jody - I got it at Michael's. It was near the craft feathers (bags of loose feathers), not near the "floral" feathers. Hope that makes sense!

Katy said...

Love this outfit!

EJ said...

This colour-of-the-week also looks awesome with burgundy (especially on redheads). :)

Fräulein Luise said...

The hairband is great, great, great.
You did so well. I am collecting those kind of hair accessories since years ( often not knowing when to wear ). It always remembers me on bygone times, so feminine.

wendeeB said...

your tights are FANtastic! Love the blue on you too!

Tamia said...

I LOVE theme weeks. A theme (be it color, fabric, item, etc.)really forces you to get creative and look at things differently than you normally would.

My last theme week revolved around black and purple--I wanted to look like a bruise. Wonder what Freud would have to say about that...