Thursday, July 01, 2010

Glam Pedestrian

And this is the necklace that put me way, way over budget for June. I’ve actually been looking for chandelier crystals at thrift stores and flea markets to make something similar. Finding this necklace was much easier and cheaper than making my own…and probably a little lighter. (The crystals are not glass.)




Cardigan, Old Navy. Dress, I Heart Ronson. Belt, thrifted. Necklace, Serket Jewelry. Bag, Express. Shoes, Van Eli (thrifted). Sunnies, Deb.

This necklace is terribly glamorous, so I tempered the fanciness with a casual cardigan. Actually, this cardigan is getting a little too casual for work. It has developed some terrible pilling in the armpit. I do my best not to wave my arms around at the office.



Photos by Beefy Muchacho

7 comments:

Keedah said...

Ive been looking for chandelier crystals too. Check out Ebay. They usually have them at an affordable price.

Unknown said...

I love your pattern and color mixing here - it somehow totally works. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Very curious: is it noisy?

Kasmira said...

crisitunity - no, not noisy. I do have plenty of other noisy necklaces!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Your dress is amazing.

Unknown said...

This necklace is so mesmerizing, I can't get over it!

emba said...

Hi Kasmira, for the piling on your cardi - get a cheap disposable razor, lay the cardi over your thigh/knee so it's flat with some tension and "shave" the piling off. It works a charm!! I have a dedicated razor for this.