Monday, July 13, 2009

Risky

Blouse, Charlotte Russe. Skirt, Herman Geist (thrifted and shortened). Booties, Sigerson Morrison for Target. Cuff, Hot Topic. Bag, Franco Sarto.


This was a bit of a risky silhouette. I tried to balance the voluminous garments and leg-shortening booties with a cinched waist and lots of exposed limbs.

I usually pair this skirt with coral or green (or neutrals), but that’s horribly predictable. Today, I picked up the blue and purple flowers with an electric blue shoe. That dusty rose is in the skirt too, but like the blue, it’s hard to see from a distance. The overall effect was kind of mismatched, but I liked that.


I’m not sure what’s up with the “claw hand.” I did it in all the jump shots.

This outfit was inspired by two pages in the March 2009 In Style:

3 comments:

Rosemary West said...

I've looked at similar-style blouses but wasn't sure about them. Now that I see how good it looks on you, I think I'll take a chance.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Haven't been on here for a while! Love the new hair! xxx

Anonymous said...

that blouse is lovely :)