Friday, July 24, 2009

Great Minds

Tank, Mossimo. Vest (aka boobcoat) and cami, Charlotte Russe. Trouser jeans, Express. Pumps, Delicious. Necklace, Forever 21. Owl ring, Sin City. Bag, Nicole Lee.

I planned this outfit on Sunday at maybe around the same time Angie was thinking about writing this post on sleeveless tops worn with waistcoats. The trend has been around for a few years, but more as a fringe fashion. In the past, I dismissed the combo as too unprofessional and chilly for the office. But, I’ve since noticed no shortage of bare arms at the workplace and I have a jacket (and lunchtime kickboxing class) to stay warm.


I paired this vest and chiffon tank together once before (with a long-sleeved tee underneath). I like it better today.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen Angie's post also and I also had been thinking aboutit for awhile.
I think your outfit looks especially good with your look.
Loving it :)

Fashion and more said...

Haha, I love that boobcoat :o)

FashionAddict said...

I really like this outfit! It just goes with your edgy hair.

maria said...

Awesome! The contrast of short and long pieces inhances your new hair style. The necklace is the icing on the cake.

Kim said...

Fab-u-lous.

tina said...

I found your blog three days ago and I must say I really love your sense of style! I love the way you layer and put unexpected pieces together! I will enjoy this blog!!!

"Me" said...

Your hair looks awesome , you had it touched-up, didn't you? I really like the waist-coat combo. Right On! :)

Audi said...

I love this look on you -- you have beautiful toned arms; there's no reason you shouldn't show them off! I think a waistcoat that's as fitted as this one always has a polished look, even over a sleeveless top.

Nadege said...

great outfits- cool vest and necklace - true - i do like the
dress & vest the best.

Diana said...

I love this outfit, and your waistcoat is gorgeous!

love home|life|style said...

I think this is a brilliant combo. dresses up the outfit, polished.

Cassie said...

You look really sexy, I love this combination, never would have thought to do this!!

Unknown said...

Oooh, this is one of my favorites! Everything about it is just great. It's totally figure flattering, stylish, and funky. I love the yellow shoes w/ the bag. Great contrast.

Kayla Rochelle said...

oo I love this look on you.

Yuri said...

That's a very nice way to wear a vest. I also happened to just posted an article on How To Wear A Vest in 4 Different Ways, maybe you can take a look at it and give some comments or suggestions:
http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com/2009/07/1-item-4-ways_25.html

Thanks! ^^
Tigerlily