Friday, July 03, 2009

G & S

Tee, Heritage 1981. Skirt, American Standard Tyte (thrifted). Flipflops, SB. Bandeau top, American Apparel. Necklace, Forever 21. Spiked choker worn as a bracelet, thrifted.


Um, yes, this shirt is very long. And the skirt is very short.

I rode the bus downtown and walked across the river to Kentucky. I planned on visiting the St Vincent de Paul on Monmouth and then heading down to the biker rally at the levee. The thrift store was a bust, but I stopped in the antique store Sin City on my way to the river (and rally) and wanted to buy everything in the place. I settled on a bag and a few pieces of jewelry, some of which I had to wear right away.


I bought the eagle bracelet/ring combo (slave bracelet) because it seemed appropriate to my bad ass mood and the scrimshaw owl ring was just too cute to pass up.

I took $20 down to the rally and spent it on beer and more bad ass jewelry: this spiky ring.


The funny thing is that both the slave bracelet and the spiky ring are made by G&S. One is “antique” (ha! copyrighted 1986) and the other “modern” (1985 copyright) but they’re both “bad ass.”

8 comments:

Sheila said...

I love the jewelry, especially the scrimshaw ring - that's gorgeous! I am enjoying your forays into badass lately! Rock on, girl!

Geek Girl said...

Wow the jewelery is amazing!!

love home|life|style said...

Wow! great finds in the antique shop. Glad you saved some money for beer though!

BAM said...

Love it all! Maybe I'm having a 'moment', but what is G&S?

Kasmira said...

G&S is the brand on the ring and the slave bracelet. I guess they make goth/biker jewelry.

Katy said...

I want all your jewelry!

Askew To You said...

Very cute outfit, but what I really love are the shots of your jewelry. Great lighting, great close-ups. Very nice!!

kct said...

I love your jean skirt, your cute smile, and of course your beautiful legs!