Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Winterized Orange Dress

Tweedy vest, Forever 21. Orange dress, The Limited. Black turtleneck and black, cable-knit tights, Merona. Black patent maryjanes and bird necklace, Xhilaration.

This outfit is rather Target heavy. (Everything but the dress and vest are from Target.) What can I say? I love that store.

I also love this dress. My friend, Julie, has a similar dress from The Limited and she’s remarked on how pajama-like it feels. I agree. The knit is soft and cozy and the fit is forgiving. I’ve worn this dress in:

April
May
July
August
September
October
January (today)

Guess I should do a poll soon!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this look! Did you buy your vest recently? I think my closet needs one of those.

Kasmira said...

I shamefully admit to having just bought this vest (last week) at Forever 21.

Kim said...

Why shamefully admit? It's cute. I love the way a black turtleneck, black tights, and black patent shoes (love me some black patents) look under a great color dress. I liked your poll idea. I like the April one (fabo shoes) and the one with the green jacket best. And the black under stuff (?). I may try that with a summer dress I have. What a way to stretch a dress through seasons!

Londyn said...

this is one of my favorite looks of the dress! super cute.

Anonymous said...

ok...so I just happened up on this page looking for how to wear a pencil skirt differently...and I have to say I love it! Your style is unique...and I can appreciate doing what works for you...Im so conservative at times, but have really been doing different stuff lately...guess I need to hit thrift stores for really funky pieces...thanks for all of the ideas..keep up the blog and the fashion!

Anonymous said...

This look is fabulous. I love it.

Elisabeth said...

Gorgeous! I love the slight eccentricity of this outfit!

The colours are divine together and I adore the pendant!

Elisabeth said...

Ooh - also forgot to say - I have tagged you for an award :)

x

Anonymous said...

Good idea for winterizing your dress. I have an Isaac Mizrahi for Target dress, a bateau neck in coral explosion, and am going to winterize it next weekend with a turquoise cashmere cardigan. I live in California, which is a radically different climate than Ohio, but it's been cold for us, with temps in the 50s and 60s and rain.

hollyhock said...

Sorry, but too dowdy and prim.