Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Late Navy

Navy swing cardigan, Mossimo or Merona or something with an “M” from Target. Orange sweater vest, Cherokee. Lace blouse, H&M (via swap). Red and orange tweed pants, Moda International. Orange brooch, thrifted. Brown booties, Style & Co. Gold watch, Raymond Weil.

I woke up two hours late this morning. I guess I haven’t really figured out how my new alarm works. Thank goodness my outfit was preselected. I’ve got greasy hair and minimal make-up, though, so be kind in the comments. By skipping a shower and my usual, lengthy make-up routine, I made up enough time to only be one hour late to work.

It’s nearly impossible to get a flattering photograph of myself in these pants. No matter my weight or the pose, they put my lower half in the spotlight. Honestly, the trousers don’t seem quite so attention-grabbing in person.

8 comments:

JavaChick said...

I think the pants look great!

:)

Anonymous said...

classy combo. i have a lace shirt like yours and i just started layering it more. the lace collar makes things glamorous! i love your brooch too.

Nicola's Vintage Boutique said...

I love the carnigan! Navy just seems to go with everything.

Anonymous said...

Kasmira, I love you swing cardigan. The colour is great, but the shape is fabulous. I wanted one for myself, but I am a bit afraid of being too bulky on the breast part and spoiling the effect.

Navy and orange. Great! I have to try it someday.

Elisabeth said...

God, I love the colour of the trousers!

Anonymous said...

Oh, love this one. I think I'm always worried about swing silhouettes with wide leg trousers but you look absolutely fantastic.

Blaudemar said...

This cardigan is so lovely. It's the first times I comment, but i'm visiting your blog since november or something like that.

kristenwords said...

i love this outfit! looks as though you stepped off a page of an anthropologie catalog. the trousers are fabulous & the perfect contrast to the femme cardy. LOVE IT!