Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm Back!

Sheer blue blouse and black vest, Forever 21. Black pants, Apt 9. Zebra pumps, Delicious. Silver flower pin, thrifted. Stainless steel watch, Gucci.

I had a crazy, money-spending weekend. I purchased my new camera (Nikon D40!) on Saturday morning. Then I went to a Silpada jewelry party and bought a big ol’ cocktail ring. Next, after martinis and appetizers at The Cheesecake Factory, my friend Julie watched as I rang up purchases at Sephora, Lush, and Forever 21. It was an expensive day.

Do you remember me coveting Fashion Lady’s sheer, blue, tie-neck blouse last spring? She bought it at New Look in London and I’ve been searching for one like it since last February. I went in to Forever 21 (to look at the accessories only, I swear!) and saw my holy grail of a blouse hanging there. The shade of blue isn’t as intense as Fashion Lady’s but the color and style is close enough! I also like the tuxedo ruffles, puffed sleeves, and the matching cami.

15 comments:

Anne said...

looks good on you ... what did you get at sephora? can't wait to see the cocktail ring. :-)

Kasmira said...

I bought a brow powder/wax kit in auburn. I've been using a clinique eybrow crayon, but I'd like to try powder and I'm hoping the powder/wax kit will last longer than the crayons. They seeme to run out quickly, and without warning!

Kim said...

Cute. I LOVE that blouse.
I hope you love your Nikon as much as I love mine.

Elisabeth said...

That sheer blouse is gorgeous and I love the waiscoat!

Kitty Couture said...

Oh, the blouse is adorable!

Pauline said...

You really understand what suits you, great to see you back I look forward to seeing what you decide upon tomorrow. I hope it's a nice skirt!

Alexandra said...

I love those zebra shoes. I was considering getting something like that and now I'm starting to feel more and more confident that I can pull them off.

Skippin' Rope said...

I LOVE the shoes!! I'm a shoe fanatic!

Anonymous said...

This outfit is so live!!! The shoes are awesome. You definitely know how to put it all together!!!

Sheila said...

Fun outfit! I was in Forever 21 on Saturday and the lineups were crazy - both for the dressing room and to check out. I did find some great blouses that I will go back to try on.

Anonymous said...

I love your shoes!! My girlfriend has a pair from Steve Madden, she love zebra prints. Animal prints are hot right now she says!!

Anonymous said...

I love the sheer blouse! Such a stunning colour. I also love your pink sheer blouse too.

Anonymous said...

Fierce. That rocks!

Meg said...

Ooooh! I just got a similar vest! I like the top you're wearing with it. I might have to try something similar now : D

hollyhock said...

The whole outfit is vey stylish.
Love the blue blouse and waistcoat.
Very versitile.
Slimming, trendy and can be worn for work, weekends,outings, holidays, dinner parties.