Monday, January 14, 2008

Dentist

Burgundy wrap sweater, Bloch. Navy tank, Merona. Green and navy tartan skirt, Jones New York Country (thrifted). Gray boots, White Mountain. Golden apple watch necklace, Forever 21. Gold-tone moth earrings, Claire’s. Owl purse, World Market.

This morning was my first visit to the dentist in almost four years. Let me explain….my last dentist was the Navy and I’m forever scarred by the sadistic corpsmen. Only my strong desire for a recommendation to an orthodontist (for braces) got me back in the chair this morning. I’m happy to report that civilian dentists are much nicer, I have no cavities, and I’ll be visiting again in six months.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit - especially the skirt and bag. Must be the Scottish in me! Very classic!

Anonymous said...

Great outfit. I really like the burgundy with the tartan. BTW, I, too, was at the dentist this morning. Unfortunately the routine cleaning turned into finding out that I need 2 crowns and a filling. Ugh! I also wanted to say that I did the Invisalign "braces" and am pretty pleased. I started in early 2005 & finished mid 2007, so it was a long process. Now I just wear the plastic retainer to sleep. Regular braces would have probably been quicker, but I'm just too vain/insecure :) Good luck!

Kaume'alani said...

I want that skirt! I love the classic tartan with the updated cut.

Jessica D'Arcy said...

I've just recently stumbled over this blog and love it! Your style in quite inspiring. By the way, I'm off to get braces today! (I'm 21)

Gervy said...

My god! Everyone's getting braces! I must make an appointment with my dentist, I don't want to be left out!

Gervy said...

oh, and that bag is super sweet.

hollyhock said...

Great color combination. Lovely outfit.

Anonymous said...

Do you know if I can find that owl bag anywhere? I tried checking their website and I don't see one.