Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pink is My Color

Brown jacquard jacket, Apt 9. White blouse, Worthington. Pink sweater vest, Express. Brown and white skirt, Andre Oliver (thrifted). Brown tights. Brown boots, Nine West. Earrings, Xhilaration.

Hot pink is so my color. You’d think that I’d look best in blue or green but I get the compliments when I’m wearing fuchsia. And they’re the best kind of compliments – “You look pretty,” instead of “I like your outfit.” Because, while inventive outfits are fun, some times I prefer looking attractive over original.

I thrifted this skirt last summer with Julie and Abby (she’s going to kill me for that picture). My friends rightfully pointed out that the skirt’s poofy style makes my hips look wide. I don’t mind. The volume camouflages any poochiness and makes me look like I’ve got a great big ass.

Although it’s not so bad from straight on:

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Cute!

I love the boots!

Sheila said...

I think it is a cute skirt.

Anonymous said...

Nice booty!!! Really!