Monday, May 23, 2011

LBD: Steppin' Out Velvet Dress

This little velvet number is the first of my semi-formal LBDs. I don’t think I could dress it down for work if I tried.


The dress has a retro style, but is actually from the 80s or 90s. I rescued it from a costume shop and have worn it to two weddings (one not pictured) and a New Year’s Eve party. The velvet is unyielding and a little worse for wear, so I restrict the dress to dimly lit events. The Little Black Dress Event is being held at Moonlight Gardens, so perhaps I could get away with wearing it there?

5 comments:

Teodora said...

Very classy!

Teodora
teodoraslookbook.com

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Such a gorgeous dress, but I think I would just have to wear it to work anyway - so delish! xo

Anonymous said...

love it - so elegant!

Lorena said...

It's so very classy and elegant - it's a great option.
Maybe if you add a "fascinator"

My Heart Blogged said...

That dress is so pretty. The touch of white is lovely.