Sunday, January 23, 2011

Clothes You Can Sleep In

I was supposed to wear this outfit to lunch, but we couldn’t even get through Melt’s door, so we got Taco Bell drive thru. And then I was planning to wear it to Home Depot*, but Earnest rehearsal took a full three hours, stranding me at home all afternoon. So I ended up wearing this outfit to take a nap.

Sweater, Mossimo (thrifted). Dress, handmade, thrifted, and shortened. Turtleneck, Cherokee. Leggings, Danskin. Boots, Matisse. Bag, H&M. Earrings, No Boundaries.

One of my requirements of weekend wear is that it be comfortable enough to sleep in. I just took off the boots and bag and climbed under the down comforter with all four cats.


*We were planning on buying potting soil at Home Depot. In the winter, I grow wheat grass for the kitties. They love the fresh, juicy treat!

11 comments:

My Heart Blogged said...

I hate when I get dressed, and have nowhere to go, it feels like a waste. I've always wanted to go to melt, it sounds so good.
My Heart Blogged

Christine Boles said...

I love Melt~! I kept saying, the last time I was there, that they really do need to expand their space.

hillary said...

I've been growing some for my cats too! I have to grow it at work though. I just cut some today. Over the weekend it shot up like mad.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5220/5384280755_16af92afa7_b.jpg

WendyB said...

Cute kitty photo!

Brittney said...

i'm totally adopting your weekend-wear rule. absolutely! and you look fabulous; i'm loving your small-print dress with the jacketing. super chic and, like you said, comfy. perfect combo!
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog)

Artfully Awear said...

Bring back the weekend! This outfit definitely looks like a go-to for coziness. Your kitty looks so sweet!

Alex said...

OMG where did you get these boots??

Kasmira said...

Alex - I bought them at DSW this month. At first I thought I didn't like them, but I guess they've grown on me.

Alex said...

They look good on you, and with the outfit.

Adeline said...

that sweater looks very cozy! are you referring to the play the importance of being earnest?! it's my favorite oscar wilde, I'd love to see some shots from the play if you could get any -bryce

fisherwillow.blogspot.com

Kasmira said...

Bryce - Yes, The Importance of Being Earnest. I hope to get some pics!

http://www.thedramaworkshop.org/season/2010_2011/earnest.html