Monday, January 31, 2011

Jet Set

I’m feeling rather “jet set” today. Sort of retro and glamorous as I travel by air. Unfortunately, I’m not flying privately. Instead, I’ll be smashed into coach with 49 other unfortunate souls.

My coping strategy: plug in my ipod, close my eyes, and pretend*.


Sweater, INC. Vest, Changing Scene (thrifted). Skirt, George (thrifted). Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Nine West. Necklace, vintage. Purse, Franco Sarto.


*I'm also bringing a copy of The Birds to watch during downtime. I'm not sure if that's the best choice during the flight, though.

7 comments:

Meghan Edge said...

I think this is one of my favorite outfits you've ever posted- it has a great color scheme but still mashes together different patters and is really cozy. Have fun on your flight!

Lorena said...

That first picture is perfect, I love the outfit and
you look like a mannequin - in a good way.

Kat said...

Love the framed bag - very retro! And everytime you wear that cardi I want to steal it!
kc
gingerandthegeek.com/kitty-corner

ReaderRita said...

I love that skirt on you!
My coping mechanism for flying is similar to yours, but mine also includes Valium, so that I stop screaming in terror...

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I am learning alot about mixing patterns...you are a master!
great work....

Come over to my site and enter my Vintage Inspired Contest....the pin would look gorgeous in your hair!

Anonymous said...

You look great today, my dear lady. You always do except when you wear those blue shoes!!!! Ha!


Erma in TX

Kerry said...

well this is how to dress to get upgraded to business class!