Sunday, January 09, 2011

All My New Things

I went shopping for a pair of practical boots on Saturday. I wanted a tall, flat, riding-style, leather boot in a cognac shade. However, the shelves at DSW were nearly bare. I ended up with a “fungi” color, instead. I’m not sure I love these, but they are practical and comfortable.


Sweater, Nordstrom Rack (I’ll look up the brand, later). Turtleneck, gloves, and skirt, Mossimo. Tights, Anne Klein. Boots, Matisse. Belt, thrifted. Bag, vintage. Scarf, Images (gift). Necklace, Zad.

I was also looking for a long sweater that I could wear as outerwear or a tunic. I think this one will do.


Lastly, I bought these tights on impulse. I’ve admired this color on other bloggers (like E), but wasn’t sure enough of the shade to place a We Love Colors order and pay for shipping. This Anne Klein pair was near the checkout at DSW and I’m very happy with the color (and quality). Next time, I’ll try them layered under black lace tights (again, like E).

January spending is complete! A budget report will follow at the end of the month.

Photos by Beefy Muchacho

13 comments:

Nana Erin said...

I like the boots! The color looks really versatile.

Keely said...

Lovely boots and that sweater is gorgeous!

The Nightmare Child said...

I covet your shoe collection.

Anonymous said...

I like the splash of red! It pairs well with the green in your scarf :)
-that anonymous commenter

Megan G said...

I think the boots are great! The sweater looks very cozy.

Mika said...

super!!!!

Unknown said...

Riding boots are, for me, the best investment one can make. They are classic and practical. I buy mine from Santana of Canada--they are waterproof leather and have rubber soles. You snatched a great pair at Dsw. I love the contrasting straps.
Red tights are so much fun, no? I wore them for christmas with red shoes....fun.
You scored on all accounts! Paula

Anonymous said...

DSW.com still has TONS of boots (and free shipping, return to local store). All of the stores here have been cleared out, too.

- Tessa

Anonymous said...

those tights are fantastic.

Unknown said...

Those boots are great, the DSW by me was picked over before Christmas! I wore red tights yesterday also :)

Sheila said...

I adore the grey boots (they remind me of Siamese cats with that darkening on the toes!).

Red tights are awesome - I love mine!

Sara. said...

yay for red tights:)

Lorena said...

I totally love those boots!
They are fabulous and whenever you are tired of the fungi tone, you can always dye them.