I’m three-quarters of the way through my 39th year. I’m getting my adventures done before I turn 40!
1. Get old timey photos of our family - Scheduled for July 5.
2. Skydive or hanglide - Done!
3. Take a Napa wine tour - Done!
6. Snowshoe - Done!
5. Stand-up paddle board - Done!
7. Camp with the dogs - Scheduled for mid-August, but with Jasper only. Jackson isn’t ready for this adventure.
9. Compete in an agility competition - We are scheduled for a NADAC competition on July 4.
10. Renew my passport - All materials are gathered and in an envelope. I continue to procrastinate the visit to the post office.
11. Pose for a photo with Mickey Mouse - Done!
12. Attend a Comicon - Done!
13. Dye my hair pink - Scheduled for July 17.
14. Teach Jasper to walk nicely on a leash - He’s improving.
15. Do a 365 Photo project - Daily picture success! Find my photos here.
16. Sew a garment - I started a skirt on Memorial Day. It has sat, zipper-less, waistband-less, and hem-less ever since.
17. Take a sewing class - I postponed my class. I need to reschedule.
18. Meditate - Do I really need to meditate?
19. See a live concert - We bought tickets for Apocalyptica, but only made it through a couple of numbers by the opening band before the crowds, noise, and “late hour” got to us. I now have a ticket for a 3 p.m. piano concert on a Sunday in August, just like the old person I am.
20. Go to a hot air balloon festival - Done!
21. Learn to 2-finger whistle - Done!
22. Do the splits - I’m looking for an adult ballet class to help me perfect my left and improve my right splits.
23. Show Dan my old Bridgeport haunts - scheduled for late September!
24. Finish making all the burgers in Veggie Burgers Every Which Way - In June, I made Tortilla-Crusted Stuffed Portobello Burgers, Beet “Tartare,” Ginger-Soy Tempeh Burgers, and “Garden” Burgers. I only have two recipes left: Seitan Burgers with Mango BBQ Sauce and Beet and Brown Rice Burgers.
25. Write one special content blog post per month - Done.
26. Sail - Planned for late August/early September.
27. Wallpaper a wall - I found another wallpaper I like, but it is even more expensive than my last choice. Back to browsing . . .
28. Participate in Toastmasters - I’ve given six speeches and won “best speech” four times! I’ve also served as toastmaster, evaluator, general evaluator, jokemaster, grammarian, and pledge/inspiration at meetings.
29. Ride a horse - I SAT on a horse at TxSC CAMP, but I wouldn’t qualify it as a horse “ride.” I’m planning a real ride in August.
30. Have a birthday party - Beefy and his cousin have begun planning my first birthday party!
32. Practice ambidexterity - My left hand activities: throw a frisbee, sling a ball, make checkmarks.
33. Learn a new piano song - I’m working on my song. I have extra motivation since I decided I would perform it (singing and playing) at my birthday party.
34. Raft down a river - Planned for late August/early September.
35. See a drive-in movie - Done!
36. Take a historical home tour - Tickets bought for the Preservation Sacramento 2015 Historic Home Tour, featuring Richmond Grove on 9/20!
38. Gaze at the stars - I have plans to watch the Perseids Meteor Shower in mid-August.
39. Send out holiday cards - Done!
40. Guest appear on a podcast - Done!