Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Duplex Dress

Left: Beige coat, Casual Corner. Green and gold paisley scarf, gifted. Right: Green dress with circle print, Max Studio. White cropped cardigan, Express. Tan slingbacks, Linea Paolo. Topaz-like drop earrings, gifted. Amber beads, Body Central.

I love the cut of the bottom of this dress, but the top is an ugly tank style, so I always pair it with a sweater or jacket. (I’d be too cold in the office with bare arms anyway.) I adore the skirt and always get compliments on its swingy style. It even has saddle bags, see?


I have to buy a pair of nude dress shoes every spring. They are my favorite shoe to wear with skirts and dresses because they make the leg line look long. I’ll wear them almost daily until October and then they will be (mercifully) retired. I think this year’s pair is especially cute with the fun buckle on the toe.

7 comments:

Londyn said...

Love Love this outfit. Do tell -- Where did you get those fab shoes?

Kasmira said...

I knew you'd like them! I got them at Nordstrom in Columbus. (Turns out that we went to Columbus, not Dayton last weekend. Good thing I wasn't driving.)

Anonymous said...

lovely shoes, 60's style are better, pointy toes. slingbacks are pretty but sometimes very uncomfy for the car... specially if you are the driver and must ride long distances!!!

Anonymous said...

i love the way how your shoes exposes part of your toes :) very sexy indeed

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

wow sophisticated & sassy at the same time. Lovely dress and nice, pretty nude pumps. =)

Laura who? said...

I love the skirt of that dress too! Have you considered having it (or other dresses) cut into skirts by a seamstress? I attended a Melee Kalikimaka party this season and I happened to find a silk, banana leaf print dress that I'd tried on last summer at full price (the bodice was awful on my bust, or was my bust awful in that bodice?) marked WAY down to $20. I cut it down into a drawstring maxi skirt and paired it with cute boots and a turtleneck. It was festive and perfect for the party but I was toasty warm compared to the folks who just pulled out their summer duds for the night. Plus I'm going to get tons of use out of it next summer!

Kasmira said...

Your dress turned skirt sounds adorable! I ended up giving this dress away. It was just cheapo polyester anyway.