Thursday, July 31, 2008

Can't Let Go

Dress, London Times. Vest, Charlotte Russe. Brooch, swap. Pumps, Victoria Spencer. Sunnies, Big Lots (I love these - can you tell?)

I just can’t let these shoes go! I pulled them out again because I thought the yellow was the perfect counterpoint to gray and black. Don’t judge me by my broken-down shoes.

This is a very bad picture of one of my latest swap receipts: a silver-toned bow brooch. I love it! I’m trying to swap away larger items (like a sweater) for smaller items (like a ring). I’m generally successful.

My forehead looks freaking humongous. I’m wearing my 40’s hair in anticipation of tonight’s dress rehearsal. I followed Casey’s tutorial, but I think I kind of look like the evil fairy in Disney’s Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent.

I’ll keep working on it. Reviewing the tutorial again, I see that Casey's rolls are much closer to the part than mine are. Maybe I can eliminate the "horned" look by moving the roll placement upward.

P.S. Come see my show, Noir Suspicions. We open on Sat.

10 comments:

Tristan Sandnes said...

Your devious grin in the first picture reminds me more of a Joker-ish look than Maleficenta. Maybe I just have Batman on the brain.

myrubyslippers said...

lovely. i like the idea of pairing a plain dress with vest. i wanna try that. tks!

tooblonde1 said...

You look like a celebrity. Pairing the LBD with the vest is great. and Yay! I love the yellow shoes...the outfit would be so lonely without them.

The Cocoa Goddess said...

Your show sounds like fun! Too bad I don't live in Cincinnati.

bekster said...

I used to do my hair like that, but my husband didn't like it. That was too bad because I LOVE 40's style. I wish that 40's looks were more accessible these days. If you are able to perfect the hairstyle, I'd love a tutorial. (Not to say that it isn't already very cute.)

Also, I like the brooch with the vest.

Sheila said...

I was hoping the brooch was of Maleficent (my favourite Disney villain after Ursula the Sea Witch).

Go buy some new yellow shoes!

Jessica said...

I love the purple. I just purchased a purple top because I LOVE the color, but the shirt alone is somewhat boring. I was going to take it back, but after this bit of inspiration, I may keep it.

And girl, please...you do not have a humungous forehead. If you want to see a humungous forehead, let me know. I have one. :)

Jessica said...

Ok wait...is it actually black and gray? Wow! I knew I had trouble telling the colors sometimes, but sheesh.

Kasmira said...

Jessi - in your defense, it DOES look sort of purple here. I took the picture in the morning, with no flash, so I think the rising sun is distorting the colors.

Kelly said...

oh my gosh, you are too pretty! I just found your blog after seeing a comment from you on Cute on the Cheap. I love everything!

And right after I saw the picture of your hair, I thought, "I should ask her to explain how to do it!" and two seconds later I saw that you gave a link. Wheee!