Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Like This

When The Like’s latest album came out, the mod stylings of the album art landed the girls on multiple style blogs and interested many in their music. They even earned a spread in the latest issue of Lucky. That page inspired my outfit today.


Jacket, London Jean. Dress (worn as a top), Jones New York. Skirt, thrifted, shortened, and dyed. Belt, Wet Seal. Shoes, Two Lips. Earrings, Merona. Bag, Express.

I’m not mod, but I’m bold and graphic.


I first heard the band when they opened for Tori Amos in 2005. Then, the girls were all skinny legs, waist-length hair, and short, baby-doll dresses. I liked them then and like them even more, now.

11 comments:

Keely said...

I love this outfit! The colors, the print, the shape. Perfection!

Collette Osuna said...

You are rocking this outfit!!! Love everything...especially all the colors!!

Have a fabulous day!
Statements in Fashion Blog

Maria said...

I found your blog today, i have seen it in the Dutch magazine "Flow".
I love it!!
You have a lot of very nice outfits, you must have a big closet.
Greetings
Maria

Melissa said...

FABULOUS. I love the yellow and green together and the zebra print is perfection.

Anonymous said...

What a marvelous combination of pieces! The brights make that zebra print really pop.

Tara said...

I like the outfit - it's a great summer look. But, I have kind of a weird question - did you have to wear a slip between the layers so the zebra didn't show through the skirt or was the skirt fabric thick enough to prevent that? Just wondering. Thanks.

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

You look great in this. I love the green and yellow with the graphic print. You really can't beat a bit of mod.

Kasmira said...

T - the zebra did show through, but I liked that....it sort of tied the top and bottom together.

Kasmira said...

T - the zebra did show through, but I liked that....it sort of tied the top and bottom together.

Diana said...

I love this outfit! The bright bold colors look fantastic together.

Angelika said...

I love your outfit and totally want those shoes!