Monday, June 17, 2013

Sacramento Woman's Surprising Weight-Loss Secret

I’ve figured out how those ladies of yore maintained such trim figures: dresses with a fitted bodice and no stretch. There simply isn’t room for a piece of pie after dinner.


Dress, vintage. Belt, Banana Republic. Shoes, J Crew. Earrings, Target. Bag, Melie Bianco

Of course, there are those “lucky” ladies (like myself) who gain most of their weight below the waist. We can eat a piece of pie and a slice of cake and simply hide the evidence under a full skirt. (I just have to discretely unbutton the dress around my middle until digestion is complete.)


P.S. I suppose the title was a little misleading, but I'm assuming those similarly-named Facebook ads are also disappointing.

7 comments:

em²ile² said...

This dress is awesome! Where did you find it?

Kasmira said...

At My Sister's Closet, a secondhand store in Woodland. Only $14!

Sheila said...

That's a lovely dress - really great pattern.

DressUpNotDown said...

Your dress is breathtaking! And not from eating pie either. :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Londyn said...

HA! Too funny. I for one will not be following the trend :)

You look lovely though - very pretty dress!

Anonymous said...

love the dress!

Unknown said...

absolutely GORGEOUS dress! Looks amazing with the belt and heels too!