I’m 40! Pencils down, heads up, I’m out of time for my 40 B4 40 list. Feel free to grade my work.
1. Get old timey photos of our family - Done!
2. Skydive or hanglide - Done!
3. Take a Napa wine tour - Done!
4. Hike Half Dome - Done!
5. Stand-up paddleboard - Done!
6. Snowshoe - Done!
7. Camp with the dogs - Done, with Jasper, only.
8. Skateboard at a skate park - Done, the day before my birthday!
9. Compete in an agility competition - Done!
10. Renew my passport - Done-ish . . . my passport is still in processing, after a request for MORE documentation last week.
11. Pose for a photo with Mickey Mouse - Done!
12. Attend a Comicon - Done!
13. Dye my hair pink - Done!
14. Teach Jasper to walk nicely on a leash - Done-ish . . . he knows how to walk nicely, but is not 100% reliable.
15. Do a 365 Photo project - Daily picture success! Find my photos here.
16. Sew a garment - Done! And it was so ugly that it went immediately in the donation bag.
17. Take a sewing class - Done! (Obviously, it didn’t help much with my garment creation.)
18. Meditate - Meditation is never “done, ” but I tried multiple techniques during the year. I haven’t found a routine that works best for me, yet, but I will continue explore meditation.
19. See a live concert - Done!
20. Go to a hot air balloon festival - Done!
21. Learn to 2-finger whistle - Done!
22. Do the splits - Done-ish . . . I am simply not a flexible person. I had my left split for a few weeks this winter, but stiffened up again.
23. Show Dan my old Bridgeport haunts - Done!
24. Finish making all the burgers in Veggie Burgers Every Which Way - Done!
25. Write one special content blog post per month - Done!
26. Sail - Done!
27. Wallpaper a wall - Done-ish . . . I got one roll up. I’m using a self-stick, removable wallpaper. It is fairly easy to work with and can be repositioned, but can’t be applied to an unpainted or matte wall. I painted the wall with satin paint and waited 24 hours before starting the papering, but that wasn’t long enough. The paint started to peel up as I moved the paper. I’m waiting until next weekend to finish, when the paint will hopefully be completely cured.
28. Participate in Toastmasters - Done! I’ve given ten speeches and won “best speech” seven times! I’ve also served as toastmaster, evaluator, general evaluator, jokemaster, grammarian, timer, and pledge/inspiration at meetings. I earned my Competent Communicator designation in October.
29. Ride a horse - Done!
30. Have a birthday party - We’ve had a number of scheduling conflicts and my big party will be on lucky Friday the 13th.
31. See local theater - Done!
32. Practice ambidexterity - Done! I’m not ambidextrous, but I practiced! My left hand activities: throw a frisbee, sling a ball, make checkmarks. I’ve also been practicing signing my name (badly) with my left hand.
33. Learn a new piano song - Done-ish . . . it isn’t performance ready, but I’ve played through it.
34. Raft down a river - Done!
35. See a drive-in movie - Done!
36. Take a historical home tour - Done!
37. Practice lucid dreaming - Done! I had two lucid dreams at the very end of October. So so cool.
38. Gaze at the stars - Done!
39. Send out holiday cards - Done!
40. Guest appear on a podcast - Done!
Will there be a 41 B4 41 list? Probably not. But I have big plans, nevertheless!