Friday, April 20, 2007

Missoni-esque Wrap Dress

Missoni-eque wrap dress, Lipstick. Silk and cashmere cardigan, The Limited. Aqua peep-toe pumps, Wild Diva. Turquoise moth medallion necklace, Anthropologie.

I try to stay away from the mall (and Target and thrift stores) because I cannot resist the urge to buy. Back in February when it was freaking cold, there was nothing else to do but shop, so I brought home all sorts of deals. Most of the clothing was for spring/summer, so it languished in my closet. As the weather warms up, I promised myself that I would only wear one new thing a week. I love the thrill of wearing something new, but hate paying my credit card bill, so I’m trying to prolong the pleasure and keep myself from buying anything else for a long while.

On Tuesday, I wore my new coral shirt, so I was supposed to wear only old things for the rest of the week. However, when I heard that Friday was supposed to hit near 70 degrees, I couldn’t resist pulling out this wrap dress that I bought two months ago. It was a real steal: $7.99 at Body Central! It’s okay that I broke the rules just this once, isn’t it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that dress sooooo much :D

Anonymous said...

I want those shoes!

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

It is truly OK you broke the rules and OMG that dress must be THE STEAL OF THE CENTURY, Girlfriend. Plus it's so pretty, fun & psychedelic.