Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Preggers Shirt

White, cropped cardigan, Express. Plaid smocked top, Oh Baby. Gray slacks, The Limited. Lime pumps, Colin Stuart. Blue, moth medallion necklace, Anthropologie. Brown bag, thrifted.

I’ve been in a tartan mood, but all my plaid items are too warm or too small to wear now. This top is pretty casual (and maternity wear), but I think, topped with a cardi and paired with slacks, it looks professional enough for a business casual environment.

I consider this another color coup. I would not normally pair orange, green, OR brown with gray, but it seems to work here.

7 comments:

Londyn said...

I would never have thought to put that all together, but it looks fabulous. Love the bag!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic ensemble! Love everything about it. You should be a fashion consultant or a professional shopper for the stars.

Kasmira said...

Thanks! It was super comfy! The bag was only $2.50 at Goodwill.

Anonymous said...

are you pregnant??? congrats!

Kasmira said...

Good God, no! Not pregnant. Just enjoying the season's baby-doll shape.

Unknown said...

i really like this look. i don't like neon green on me, but it works on you. that the grey with that plaid and the white cardigan is so cute. and how do you get your hair to stay up like that!? can you share? is it teasing and smoothing? do you use pins?

Kasmira said...

Jessica - I just twist it up into a french twist. The action of making the twist naturally forms a "bubble" of hair up top. Sometimes the bubble is lopsided, and then I do need to comb it to evenly distribute the hair. I usually use a boar's bristle brush to smooth the sides and my bangs and then I spray with Aussie freeze.