Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Mail Bag: Instead of Sweats

In the tradition of Daddy Likey, I’m sharing some (made-up) reader mail (not that Winona makes hers up or anything):

Dear Kasmira,

You always look so fashionable and put together! Don’t you ever just run out to the grocery store in your sweats or pajamas or something? It must be exhausting to be looking picture perfect every day. Please let us know you’re human! What kind of easy pieces can we mere mortals pull on for errands?

Sincerely,
Wearing Sweats Right Now


Well, Sweats, you’ll be relieved to know that I AM human. Although I don’t own a single pair of sweat pants, I have been known to run to Blockbuster in my PJs. Since beginning this blog, though, I’ve become a bit more conscious about what I wear in my down time. Winter is easy: jeans, a sweater, and a really cute coat. In the summer, though, nothing beats a comfy dress. Pair it with basic flip-flops and you’re both comfortable and presentable.

I confess to almost living in this dress (Mossimo, from Target). It is so comfortable that I sometimes sleep in it too. In fact, I wore this dress for almost 24-hours (evening of July 3rd to afternoon of July 4th) this week. It saw me through rehearsal, sleeping, shopping, and even gardening. Because it’s cotton, it’s easy care and I can just throw the (now filthy) dress in the wash. Add leggings for the cool months of spring and fall and you don’t ever have to worry about what to wear for those quick jaunts out for milk. Yeah!








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should have taken a picture of what you wore to my place.... your cute new capris & that preggers shirt!! ;-)

Jeremy said...

You're HUMAN? Geez, I thought you were like a Superhero or something...

See ya at HOF...

daddylikeyblog said...

1. Thanks for the shout-out!
2. You look amazing!
3. Your hair is so amazing that I sort of want to track you down and cut it off and place it on my head and be super pretty.
4. God I'm creepy.

Kasmira said...

Winona - no need to be jealous of my hair. It actually looks kind of blah in real life. It just photographs well. I suppose I have photogenic hair. :)

Alison said...

You have inspired me to look for a jersey dress to wear instead of jeans and I found a totally cute one at Target. It's really flattering and hits me just above the knee (I'm 5'2"). I can't wait to wear it all year round. Thanks for being such a great inspiration. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Be8LEdA1L._AA262_.jpg
Here is a link to the picture.
Alison

Kasmira said...

Alison - that dress is adorable, and perfect for casual outings!