Thursday, March 31, 2011

Opening Day and Night

It’s opening day for the Reds and opening night for Annie Get Your Gun. Take me out to the ballgame and let's go on with the show!


Jacket, Allen B. Tank, YS (swap). Skirt, my USMC service uniform (embellished by me). Lace tights, Apostrophe. Red tights, Anne Klein. Shoes, Nine West. Ring, G&S. Cap, Beefy’s.

Truthfully, Beefy was WAY more excited for opening day than I was (and he forced me to wear this hat). The only thing I really like about baseball is the hotdogs and beer.


I’m not a fan of any activity in which balls fly at my face. Yet, I’m always made catcher when forced to play softball.


Opening night is more my cup of tea. I'll have costume photos to share this weekend.


Photos by Beefy Muchacho

16 comments:

Beefy Muchacho said...

"I’m not a fan of any activity in which balls fly at my face."

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Kimberly said...

Opening Day is the date I use to mark the arrival of spring! It's full of hope and promise and the reminder that soon hotdogs and beer are perfectly legitimate lunch and dinner options.

CC said...

You are a bad bad man Beefy >;->

Sheila said...

That hat is a nice red accent, though!

Love your lacey legs. All the best on your Opening Night!

Julia ♫ said...

LOVe love the tights!

Emma said...

I Love your striped jacket and the mix of the two tights! Tres Chic! I will have to try the tights thing.

Julia said...

Ahh, Clueless reference. And then Dee says "Well, there goes your social life" Ha!

I watched that movie too.

Love the tights.

xo

My Heart Blogged said...

I love that jacket every time you wear it. I hope you had fun with both!
My Heart Blogged

The Nightmare Child said...

Love those tights and LOVE those shoes...

Unknown said...

I love the layered tights but, I'm trying so hard to embrace the warm weather however illusive it is...

Healthy and Homemade said...

Oh wow the layered tights are gorgeous! Hooray for opening night =) When I was doing auditions for college music programs I sang 'You Can't Get a Man With a Gun,' my show choir director recommended it haha.

Joany said...

Love this playful element in this outfit (and your pics too). The mix of those red and black goth like stockings with the baseball cap! original, cute and fab!

Kat said...

The tights with that shirt are great together

hypertigur said...

Love how you layered the tights. Do you buy one size bigger for the lace tights to do that? My lace tights seems to always tear so I never thought of layering. Any suggestions?

Kasmira said...

I don't buy a size larger to layer tights...I don't think that wearing one pair beneath is enough to need a bigger size.

My lace tights (and fishnets) often rip, too. I try to buy them in doubles so that I am not as disappointed when a pair is ruined.

Londyn said...

randomly enough - this is one of my fave outfits and the hat makes it! sexy and sporty at the same time!!

beefy - keep up with the fashion advice ;)