Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Still Get Lucky

I’ve discovered that the simplest way to cancel an unwanted magazine subscription is to close the credit card that’s being billed. Now, I no longer get InStyle.

But the Lucky bill was paid before I cancelled the card, so I’m still getting that magazine. And I still find inspiration.


Blazer, Odds ‘n Evens (thrifted). Blouse, Forever 21. Skirt, thrifted (no label). Shoes, Sigerson Morrison for Target. Bag, Nicole Lee. Tassel pendant, Epcot Morocco. Arrowhead pendants, thrifted. Spiked wrap bracelet, thrifted. Sparkly bracelet, Birch Hill’s. Silver bracelet, Deb. Tights, We Love colors.

I saved this page from a recent issue’s How To: Wear Color section.

Lucky’s “How To” and “What I Want Now” features are often my favorite parts of the magazine. I’ve been inspired to copy ensembles from those pages many times.

Today's inspiration page was intended to help black-lovers incorporate some color into their wardrobe. Obviously, I don't need any encouragement to wear color, but I did like the outfit shown on the right enough to create my own version.


Lucky’s styling and mine.




Photos by Beefy Muchacho

10 comments:

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I like your version better. Loving the blue booties!

Victoria said...

Love the colors.
Beautiful!

The Tote Trove said...

Very nice. And way to outsmart those pesky magazine pushers!

Anonymous said...

Why wouldn’t someone just call and cancel the subscription instead of messing with their credit/credit scores by closing an account?

Dave said...

That blue is terrific!

Kasmira said...

Anon - I'm just being silly. The card simply expired and I had forgotten about the subscriptions. But it probably WAS easier than dealing with the third party subscription people.

Jodi said...

I also get lots of ideas from that mag and sometimes treat myself and buy it when I am traveling so I read it at at the airport... OR i just read it in the mag shop and with my James Bond Detective memory, keep all the ideas in my head :)

you look awesome as always.. love your colors!!

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb said...

Love the jewel colours, look great with your hair. Hmmm I feel a blue, green and yellow outfit coming on...!

www.notdressedaslamb.com

myedit said...

Very nice!
I think my Lucky subscription is on automatic renewal... so I don't even notice the yearly charge... and the subsequent charge for the gift subscription 2 years ago for a friend's birthday that gets renewed every year too. My laziness is her reward.

Lonestarcasie said...

Nice work. I find myself wanting a tassle necklace. They always look so great.

www.stylinggame.blogspot.com