Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wrap Star

Judging from the deep neckline and scanty overlap, this wrap dress may be a size too small. (But the size tag was cut out . . . so how am I to know?) My quick fix is to layer a shirt (and pettipants) underneath. I like the structure a collar and sleeves brings to the wrap. (And pettipants, or a slip, are a good idea under even a properly sized wrap dress.)



Dress, Diane von Furstenburg (consignment) Blouse, INC (cut from a swapped dress). Shoes, BCBGeneration. Sunglasses, Girlprops. Purse, Charming Charlie.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always avoided wrap dresses for because I was afraid a shirt underneath would ruin the lines. However, you've proven a shirt can go underneath very nicely! Love the color combos you've got going on with this outfit too!

~J

Anonymous said...

I think it'll be a very sad day when you retire that blouse. Pattern mixing perfection!

Anonymous said...

I know slips or pettipants are considered old-school these days, but I love them. They make your skirts or dresses lay so much better! Erica

The Cheap Chick said...

Where can you find petti-pants? I have exactly one pair that I inherited from my Grandma. I love them under skirts, but they are impossible to find in regular stores.
Thank you!
Erin

Kasmira said...

I ordered mine from Amazon!

DressUpNotDown said...

I have a wrap dress that fits on the small side...I layer it over another dress and call it good. :o)

Your hair looks so pretty curled today. :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Amy Beth said...

I hope more people start wearing slips again! This is the second recent post of yours that have mentioned them! Call me old fashioned but I think slips are a good thing!