Friday, October 21, 2016

Meetup

If you’re in the Sacramento area, I hope you join the Sacramento Fashion and Style Meetup! I attended the inaugural meeting today and can’t wait for the next one.


Shirt, Mossimo. Skirt, Mural (consignment). Boots, Lauren Ralph Lauren. Bag, El Paso Saddleblanket Co. Sunglasses, Coco Sunglasses. Earrings, tourist shop in Bridgeport, CA.


We met for coffee and then visited two boutiques in the downtown area: YSJ Vintage and the The Denim Spot. I was very pleased to be downtown so that I could pose with the capitol dome.


I’m now a member of ten* meetup groups, although I’ve only attended events for five of them. They range from fashion to writing to hiking to photography to sailing. I’m a woman of diverse interests! Now, back to that stack of book on my nightstand.


*It’s eleven now. As I wrote this, I was inspired to join another group!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos!

I too have many interests, but I've never joined a meetup group. A few online, but that's not quite the same. Looks like fun!

I also have a stack of books to read. Actual several! Are you planning on updating us on the books you're reading?? I've read The Hormone Secret and The Bulletproof Diet. I have a hard time with some of these types of books because it seems I can never quite follow completely for various reasons, so curious as to other opinions.

~J

Kasmira said...

Hi J! I wasn't planning to do the same sort of book reviews I did this summer - unless it's something you're interested in. Let me know!
I used to completely avoid non-fiction, but I've grown to really like it after getting into podcasts. It helps to connect the material to something I've already heard or read. I also tend to read non-fiction in smaller chunks because they don't suck me in the way a novel does.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that bag. Also love denim and leopard together, which I've not done together. Need to get rid of some dumb rules I'm following.

Thanks.

Kasmira said...

Anon, leopard and denim are BOTH neutrals (at least in my book), so they should definitely be paired together. 😉